Is it acceptable to have pancakes for breakfast 3 days running… Hell Yeah!
Guys, I am OBSESSED with this current recipe. I love pancakes anyway but these super fluffy American style ones have legitimately changed the breakfast food game in our house.
I’ve been reading a lot about fibre and how we aren’t getting enough of it so made a concentrated effort to try and include it in every meal but I really struggled with breakfast.
If someone says fibre I immediately thought of weetabix, shreddies and other brown foods then get tired at the thought of working my way through a bowl of it and give up… or think of jaw ache from chewing through a tonne of tough veg or grains.
These bad boys are have around 5g of fibre, they’re super tasty and so easy to make! I’ve started using almond milk because Gigi can’t have dairy. You can top them with anything you like too, i’ve had them topped with passion fruit curd, jam, caramelised banana, yogurt and blueberries… the list is endlessly tasty!
INGREDIENTS – makes 6 should serve 2
30g self raising flour
30ml milk (I used almond milk)
1. In a bowl, mash the banana until smooth
2. Add the oats, flour, egg and milk to the banana and mix until properly combined
3. Heat a non stick pan ready to cook your pancakes, keep the heat on low to medium once your pan is hot
4. Spoon a tablespoon of your pancake mixture into the pan and wait until air bubbles appear around the edges before flipping and cooking on the other side for roughly 2 minutes
5. Serve with toppings of your choice and enjoy : ) x
If you’ve not already, check out my instagram for more Bea’s bites